Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Department
The introduction of computerized system in Stima SACCO led to the formation of ICT department. It begun as a computer room circa 1994 with three computers used for capturing data. Stima SACCO acquired the current computer system, called Navision from Core Tec in January 2006. It took three months to implement and it runs on a Microsoft Windows platform.
ICT department has a staff capacity of three; ICT Manager, System Administrator and User support staff.
The mission of ICT Department is to enable the provision of an effective and efficient I.T infrastructure that will ensure the successful realization of the Stima SACCO’s strategy.
The staff in the department report to the ICT Manager who in turn reports to the Chief Executive Officer of the Society. The activities of the department are also monitored by the PIT Commettee, which meets weekly. It is also monitored by the Business, Strategy and Technology Committee of the Society’s Board of Directors. The Committee meets not less than four times in a year to review the progress of the department in execution of its mandate in the fulfillment of the overall objectives of the Society, and to henceforth report to the Board of Directors.
Scope of Work and Responsibilities
To fulfill its mandate the ICT department has the following responsibilities:-
1. Develop and oversee, in conjunction with the Management Team, the ICT strategy development and strategyimplementation processes.
2. Develop and oversee ICT annual operating plans of Stima SACCO.
3. The management, installation, maintenance, availability and security of Stima SACCO’s network, hardware and software.
4. Design, coordinate and implement I.C.T policies, procedures, systems and standards.
5. Advise management on optimization of I.C.T resources in the Sacco Society.
6. Ensure optimal disaster recovery and an optimal efficient and effective I.C.T infrastructure that fully supports the business.
7. Oversee purchase, installation, configuration and maintenance of user application software, operating system software and internet communication system within the computer network of the society.
8. Review systems, processes and procedures of I.C.T and make appropriate recommendations on improvements to the Chief Executive Officer
9. Ensure user awareness of safety, security, and updates for the I.C.T.
10. Providing appropriate information and guidance on emerging and best practices in I.C.T.
11. Perform any other duties as may be assigned to the department from time to time.
The activities of the department are guided by the following policies and procedures.
· The Sacco Act, Co-operative Act, Co-operative rules and Sacco Regulations
· The Society’s by-laws
· ICT Policy
· Other Society’s policies and Procedures