Mpawa Insurance Agency is fully owned by Stima DT Sacco Society Limited. The Agency was licensed under the Insurance Act on 20th May 2019 and offers all classes
of insurance, both life and non-life including medical products.
Term deposits are profit-bearing fixed deposit accounts offered by Stima Sacco to its members. These deposits provide convenient means of investing funds which are not required for immediate use on higher interest-bearing rates than Savings Accounts. Presently the following products are being offered by Stima Sacco
Fixed Deposit Account
• Fixed deposit account is a withdrawable deposit account where depositors can place short term deposits for a specified periods of time usually between three to twelve months.
• The account targets members who wish to put aside funds for investment, and they are certain of the period that they can commit the funds.
• Minimum deposit amount is Kes.5,000.
• Funds can be fixed either for 3, 6 or 12 months.
• Interest is computed daily and credited at the maturity of the contract period subject to a withholding tax of 5%.
• Accrued interest is forfeited if a depositor withdraws the funds before maturity date.
• The customer is issued with a Certificate of Deposit upon depositing the money.
• The Certificate of Deposit details the amount deposited, date deposited, interest rate applicable, contract period and the maturity date.
• Upon maturity the depositor can rollover the principal together with the interest or collect interest and rollover the principal or collect both principal and interest.
Call Deposit Account
• Funds can be recalled anytime without losing Interest.
• Guaranteed return on Investment.
• Minimum is Kes 5,000.
Golden Savings Account
•This is an investment option account that guarantees a minimum return monthly subject to the amount invested.
• Amounts fixed for a period of 1 year.
• Minimum Deposit is Kes.5,0000.
• Monthly returns can be wired to the beneficiaries upon request
Bank details to use
Members with mpesa access can send directly using the Paybill options below.
Deposit using Mpesa
For Monthly Deposit, enter 802xxxxxxx00, where xxxxxxx is your member number.
For shares Capital, enter 800xxxxxxx00, where xxxxxxx is your Member number.
For Deposit into Prime a/c enter 801xxxxxxx00, where xxxxxxx is your member number.
NB: Your membership number ought to be seven digits.