Mpawa Insurance Agency is fully owned by Stima DT Sacco Society Limited. The Agency was licensed under the Insurance Act on 20th May 2019 and offers all classes
of insurance, both life and non-life including medical products.
Savings Accounts provide opportunities to individuals and corporate bodies to accumulate regular savings. The Society offers both medium and long-term savings accounts to members.
Prior to opening a savings account, the individual requesting the account shall have been admitted as a member of the society. Contributions can be through check off, standing orders, mobile banking, direct deposits, or bank transfers.
Upon successful completion of membership registration, 3 mandatory accounts are created;
Shares Savings Account
Alpha Deposits Savings Account
1. It is an excellent account for long-term saving with attractive dividends.
2. The shares are non-refundable but can be transferred to existing member.
3. Each member needs to have share capital depending on their category. A member may purchase shares by installment.
• Individuals Kes. 25,000/=
• Groups Kes. 25,000/=
• Corporate Kes. 50,000/=
4. Dividends shall be automatically capitalized for any member holding less than the Minimum Share Capital.
1. These are the continuous monthly savings that members make to the Sacco throughout their membership.
2. Alpha Savings earn interest annually and allow members to access deposit-based loans.
Minimum monthly contributions
• Individuals Kes. 1,000/=
• Groups Kes. 5,000/=
• Corporates Kes 10,000/=
3. Can be contributed through standing order, check off, mobile banking, bank transfer or direct deposit.
4. Can only be accessed upon membership withdrawal.
5. Interest Rebates shall be automatically capitalized for any member holding less than the Minimum Share Capital.
Latest FDR rates as at 2021
|Amount||Call (%)||3 months (%)||6 months (%)||12 months (%)|
|100m and above||7.00||9.50||9.75||10.00|
The current prevailing rares are updated in the table above
Fill in the deduction change advice form available in all our branches or download from the Stima Sacco website.
• Submit the filled in form to your nearest branch or scan the form and send to customercare@stima-
sacco.com for the change to be
Fill in the standing order placement form to place or amend an existing standing
order and submit to your nearest branch.
• How long it takes to update standing orders?
• Standing order charges.
The fee for placing an external standing order is Kes 300/= There is no charge for placing an internal standing order.
Bank details to use
Members with mpesa access can send directly using the Paybill options below.
Deposit using Mpesa
For Monthly Deposit, enter 802xxxxxxx00, where xxxxxxx is your member number.
For shares Capital, enter 800xxxxxxx00, where xxxxxxx is your Member number.
For Deposit into Prime a/c enter 801xxxxxxx00, where xxxxxxx is your member number.
NB: Your membership number ought to be seven digits.